Can I access the NDIS?
To become an NDIS participant a person must:
- Have a permanent disability that significantly affects their ability to take part in everyday activities;
- Be aged less than 65 when they first enter the NDIS;
- Be an Australian citizen or hold a permanent visa or a Protected Special Category visa; and
- Live in Australia where the NDIS is available.
To find out more about information about joining the NDIS visit www.ndis.gov.au or call 1800 800 110.
Children under six years of age
Children under six who have a disability, may be eligible to receive support from the NDIS through the Early Childhood Early Intervention Approach, (ECEI).
The ECEI Approach is how the NDIS is working with Early Childhood Providers to deliver early childhood intervention for children aged up to the age of six.
For more information on the Early Childhood Early Intervention Approach, please visit https://ndis.gov.au/eceic or contact the NDIA on 1800 800 110
If you have a hearing problem or speech loss please call: (TTY) 1800 555 677 or (Speak & Listen) 1800 555 727.
- NSW THE FIRST STATE TO COMPLETE THE ROLLOUT OF THE NDIS
- The NSW and Australian governments sign landmark agreement
- Check out the new infographic on who’s who in the NDIS.