Accommodation and daily living supports under the NDIS

As part of the NSW Government’s commitment to the NDIS, it is transferring all services it provides directly to people with disability to the non-government sector by 1 July 2018.

Currently, Supported Independent Living (SIL) services and Specialist Disability Accommodation (SDA) services are being provided by the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS).

Under the NDIS, it is preferred that SIL and SDA services are delivered by separate providers so that residents have more choice and control over their services and supports.

What is the difference between a SIL and an SDA?

  • A SIL provider delivers onsite disability and daily living services.
  • A SDA provider manages property and tenancy services.

What are the agreements?

The NDIA requires that both SIL providers and SDA providers have agreements in place with residents and clients.

These resources provide more information about the agreements and the protections they ensure: