Who to contact for more information

If you have a question about the transfer of disability support services to the non-government sector, you can contact the Department of Family and Community Services (FACS) by:

Lodging a concern or complaint

If you have a concern about your service, you can raise your concern directly with the provider of your services. Before services transfer, you can contact FACS on the details above. After the transfer, you can contact your new service provider. An independent Commonwealth body is also being established to oversee the delivery of quality supports and services under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), including associated complaints. The Commission will implement the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Framework which was released by the Council of Australian Governments Disability Reform Council in February 2017. The Framework sets out a national system to support NDIS participants, carers and providers. It is expected that the Commission will be established in early 2018, with NSW operations commencing from July 2018. Until this time, existing safeguards such as the NSW Ombudsman remain in place. More information can be found on the Ombudsman’s website. The DSS website has more information about the NDIS Quality and Safeguarding Commission.