With the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), parents and carers of children and young people with a disability will have greater choice about the services they use.
The Office of the Children’s Guardian is running a free workshop that can help disability service providers understand and implement Child Safe principles into your workplace. This training has been customised for staff who provide services to children with disability and will provide valuable information relevant to your sector and assist you in meeting your legal obligations. Participants will learn about:
- Creating a child safe culture
- Codes of conduct
- Situational prevention and effective risk management
- Effective recruitment and selection tips
- Obligations under the Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- Complaints management techniques
Participants will receive a workbook with helpful information and templates and a certificate of attendance.
For further information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Caryn on 02 9286 7264 or Yelena on 02 8219 3681