Supported Independent Living (SIL) is assistance with and/or supervising tasks of daily life to develop the skills of individuals to live as autonomously as possible.
From the 1st July 2017 providers will be required to provide a quote for all participants living in Supported Independent Living, First Plan and Plan Review. Providers are required to use the SIL pack which will be available from the NDIS website.
The SIL pack and quoting tool will allow planners to process provider quotes more efficiently and will give planners greater information to make better informed decisions. Using this template will ensure a more efficient and nationally consistent process, and is intended to result in provider quotes being assessed in a timely and responsive manner.
This session will cover:
- An overview framework for supported independent living
- An introduction for providers in the use of the supported independent living tool (SIL tool)
- Explanation of the process for submitting SIL quotes with the NDIA
Who should attend?
- Providers registered for Daily Tasks/Shared Living in NSW whose participants reside in the NSW Sydney region – (note that providers located outside NSW Sydney region will be offered training by their local engagement teams in the near future)
- Person responsible for completion of quotes (preferably with excel experience)
- Support coordinators
What will the training involve?
- This two hour training session explains the new process for submitting quotes to the NDIA
- The templates used for preparing SIL quotes will be in excel spreadsheet format and an understanding of excel is expected
- In preparation for this forum attendees will need to review the SIL Pack and NDIS price guide. See the link below:
Date: Tuesday 1st August 2017
Time:2:00pm – 4:00pm
Location: Gymea Tradies
57 Manchester Road North Gymea NSW 2227
RSVP: Please register by 31/07/2017 via Eventbrite
Please inform us if you have any accessibility, interpreting or special requirements.