FAQs for Service Providers

FAQs for Service Providers

How do I read the Statistical Linkage Key (SLK)?

When we send out the monthly funding variation letters to providers, we provide de-identified data on which participants have transitioned using a Statistical Linkage Key (SLK).

The SLK is also used for your Minimum Data Set reporting.

This is how the SLK is created:

  • First three digits of SLK = 2nd and 3rd and 5th letters from surname
  • Next 2 digits of SLK = 2nd and 3rd letters of first name
  • Next 8 digits of SLK = Date of birth
  • Final digit = ‘1’ for male, ‘2’ for female, ‘9’ for unknown/other

So for example:

  • Name: JOHN SMITH
  • DOB: 01/01/1983
  • Gender: Male
  • Would show as MIHOH010119831
  • Where a birth date is a single digit number as above the SLK still uses a zero displayed as dd/mm/yyyy.

Where a client has a hyphen or symbol in their name, SLK ignores it.

  • E.g. O’Reilly

The ‘E’ and ‘I’ count as the second and third letters for the SLK. And ‘L’ is the fifth.

Where a client does not have a second, third or fifth character in their name the SLK uses the digit ‘2’ instead.

  • e.g. JOHN SMIT – male born 05/01/1975

SLK would show as: MI2OH050119751

  • e.g. SU LI – female born 15/05/2001

SLK would show as: I22U2150520012

Why are my payments changing each month?

We will be varying your organisation’s payments on a monthly basis because we are measuring people’s transition to the NDIS on a monthly basis. As people enter the NDIS funding from ADHC will reduce.

Why is my ADHC funding being reduced?

ADHC will no longer be directly responsible for funding people that have transitioned into the NDIS.

You will be able to bill the NDIA for services you have agreed with the NDIS participant and according their NDIS plan.

The funding that was paid to you will now instead be paid to the Commonwealth as NSW’s contribution to fund the NDIS.

Will all of my ADHC funded services be impacted?

Some services will have their funding reduced. 

Services that support people living in NDIS transition year 1 areas will have their funding reduced in 2016/17.

Services in NDIS transition year 2 areas will not be affected until 2017/18.

Will my non-output service funding be varied?

No. The NDIA is in the process of setting up Information Linkages and Capacity Building services.

ADHC will continue to fund in full all non-output services until 30 June 2018.

Can a person be funded by the NDIS and ADHC at the same time?

No, this is not possible.

A person who has transitioned to the NDIS will have their own support plan that covers all of their reasonable and necessary supports. You should not be using ADHC funding to support a person that already has a NDIS support plan.

Will my organisation continue to receive funding for people aged over 65 years?

While they are ineligible for the NDIS, people over the age of 65 will continue to be funded by Continuity of Support (CoS) arrangement administered by the Commonwealth Government.

This program commenced on 1 December 2016 in Hunter and New England, Nepean and Blue Mountains and Southern NSW FACS districts. ADHC funding ceased for people that transitioned to CoS arrangement on 1 December.

For more information about the Commonwealth Continuity of Support program, please got to: https://agedcare.health.gov.au/programs-services/commonwealth-continuity-of-support-programme.

Alternatively, enquiries about the CoS program can be emailed to CommonwealthCoS@health.gov.au.

What happens to people under the age of 65 who are ineligible for the NDIS?

Funding from ADHC will continue to be varied as people become eligible for the NDIS or are found to be ineligible.

People who are ineligible and are under the age of 65 will be referred to alternative supports by the NDIA.

How does ADHC know people are transitioning as planned?

The NDIA shares information about the transition directly with ADHC. This allows ADHC to monitor transition rates are aligned with funding variations.

What if my organisation is not registered with the NDIA?

ADHC will no longer be your funder. It is essential that you are registered with the NDIA in order for you to be paid.

Please refer to the NDIA website for more information: www.ndis.gov.au

My funding variation is incorrect – people are listed in the wrong transition year. How can I change transition year?

You can ask ADHC to change the location of a service, or to split funding for a service, to reflect the correct transition year.

This request should be sent to funding.administration@facs.nsw.gov.au.

The funding variation is incorrect – the number of clients is wrong. How do I update my client count (census)?

You can update your client count (census) by resubmitting your data to NGOData@facs.nsw.gov.au .

Your updated data will be reviewed and will be used to correct your funding variations.

Can my organisation appeal against the rate of funding variations?

There is no scope for appeal against the rate and the calculation of funding variations.

However, you can submit requests for changes to funding listed in the wrong cohort or transition year by sending an email to funding.administration@facs.nsw.gov.au.

ADHC will closely monitor the actual rate of people transitioning to the NDIS against expected numbers. We can adjust funding variations where there is a significantly slower or faster transition rate.

Who can I contact if I have more questions about my ADHC funding?

For further information about your ADHC funding, email funding.administration@facs.nsw.gov.au or call 1300 136 067.

You can also talk to your FACS District contract manager about your funding and how people will transition to the NDIS.

For general information about the NDIS transition process in NSW please go to www.ndis.nsw.gov.au.