To cap off the end of the National Week of Deaf People (NWDP), we’re happy to announce that we now have information on the NDIS rollout in NSW available in Auslan.
The information, available on the Auslan section of our Languages page, includes topics such as eligibility for the NDIS, the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), and when the NDIS will be available.
Information is also now available in six community languages on the Languages page of the website:
- Arabic / العربية
- Greek / Ελληνικά
- Korean / 한국어
- Simplified Chinese / 简体中文
- Traditional Chinese / 繁體中文
- Vietnamese / Tiếng Việt
Translations in these languages are currently available for three core NDIS in NSW resources:
- How and when will I access the NDIS?
- GUIDE: People with disability, their families and carer
- GUIDE: What you need to know about the National Disability Insurance Scheme rollout in New South Wales
We will have more translated materials in the coming weeks, so keep checking back in.
You can email your feedback on the new resources and the website.
If you’d like more information on the National Week of Deaf People, a week-long national celebration of Deaf individuals and the Deaf Australian community, you can visit Deaf Australia’s website.