Only NSW Government agencies and the NDIA can make a referral to the ISR. Disability service providers can contact the NDIA in their area to request that a referral be made to the ISR.
Nominated agency leads make referrals for each agency:
- NSW Health – each Local Health District or Specialty Health Network has an ISR lead
- Department of Communities and Justice –
- Legal Aid, Juvenile Justice, Community Corrections, Corrective Services and NSW Trustee & Guardian each have ISR leads
- Engagement and Family Support, Community Services, Inclusion and Early Intervention and Housing divisions each have ISR leads
- Department of Education – NDIS Transition Coordinators in the schools services directorate are ISR leads
- NDIA – There are ISR leads in Service Delivery and the Complex Support Needs Pathway teams.
Each agency will have an internal escalation process for staff to request an ISR referral.