This website is maintained by the New South Wales Department of Family and Community Services.
The New South Wales Government’s privacy practices in collecting, storing, using and disclosing personal and health information are regulated by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002. These laws have privacy principles that tell us:
- what information we can collect and how we collect it
- how we store and protect personal and health information
- how you can find out what information we hold and correct it if it is wrong
- how we can use and disclose your information including special protection for health and other sensitive information
- how you can complain about breaches of your privacy.
Any information that we collect may be used to deliver services and to meet our legal responsibilities. We may also use that information to plan, coordinate and improve the way we provide services. We are also legally authorised to disclose information to outside bodies in certain circumstances.
Further information about your privacy rights, including an Easy English version, can be found on the FACS website or by calling 02 9377 6000 (TTY 02 9377 6167) or emailing email@example.com.
The Department of Family and Community Services does not have any responsibility for the privacy policies or practices of third party sites linked to this site.